Thursday, 29 January 2015

The Kazimier garden

This was a job that I coordinated for the Kazimier in 2014 , we only had two weeks to
finish the main structures.

The old stage had to be dismatled
All the wood was  reused to build the train platform opposite

the first two pillars
The rest of the pillars had to be temporarely supported
It was not enough wood so we had to bring a truck full of reclaimed beams in order to continue

We decided it was a good idea to live some skylights on the train platform 
The train carriage was put together in a day!!!
It was The fourth time we did it though

Fresh gravel and everything was starting to look good !!!

Nearly there !!!

Some vintage items!!!

Burnt out furniture

Finished !!!


Thursday, 22 January 2015

Back in Liverpool !!!

Hi everybody !!!

I'm back in the pool , the pool of life as Carl Jung described it .
It's been incredible to join this amazing community of artists and creatives I felt at home since I arrived at John Lennon's airport.

This are some fotos of the projects I've been involved !!!

This are the drawings for the beach bar I was commissioned to build

The first set of stools ready for production !!!

The Beach in L1 was the first commercial project that we ever made.

Complete set ready !!! All made out of reclaimed peach pine beams sourced locally from derelict buildings
Greg and Guy on production mode !!!

We had to de-nail each one of the salvaged beams
 it was a trecherous job but it was worth it !!!

The frame for the bar !!!

I turned out massive !!!

Everybody was really excited !!!
The actual location !!! We had to bring an incredible amout of sand so the kids could dig deep !!!
Waterproofing and installing the bamboo leaves
The bar nearly finished !!!

We were really lucky with the weather only rained a couple of days after we finished the structure!!!

I'm very proud of the bracket system we came up with , really easy to install

Furniture ready for delivery !!!

The bar finished !!!
Lights on !!!

Monday, 21 April 2014

Compost toilet...The last push !!!

Started the cladding on the balcony wich is the difficult part

This is the chicken wire mesh that was
 salvajed although it was in pristine

There are three layers of mesh screwed together
 to all corners and the top beams

The mesh is also conected to the floor slab
 by drilling holes each 20 cm. and then banging
 in some big nails

 The mix is a bit special I did mix some sand cement and
floor adhesive for it to stick better, really easy to apply
to the mesh.

 Make sure the mesh is well attached if it moves just add some more nails or screws straight into the structure
Just checking out the space, not using it!!!

More mix!!!
The finishing coat is made using hidraulic lime and sand on a 3/1 basis
 This are the elements you need to make an automatic siphon or bell siphon

A 40mm. cap

110mm. cap

A piece of 110mm. pipe

1m. of 40mm. pipe, a T and 3 male female elbows all 40mm.

Glue together both caps sanding down and cleaning with solvent before.

Do the same with the T and the elbows.
Drill some holes on the pipe as shown!!!
Sand them down so they are clean, then cut the pipe up to 20cm.

Glue it to the cap!!!
Then place the so called bell
The bell will keep an air bubble that will stay trapped till the water pressure is enough to push the water that is inside the U bend on the part below, for this to happen there has to be water in this part beforehand.
Fix the piece to the bottom also!!!

Easy!!! Just place this part on the hole and glue it with waterproof adhesive

This is the system ready for the final test !!!

The bell will not be glued to the U bend for further maintenance purposes...Very important!!!
 Now the doors are fitted and the first layer of the roof is installed
the view to the garden

Also had time to make a solar oven that can be use the whole year around!!!

Preparations for the toilet seat

prepering the lining for the EPDM membrane
the final product